BikeAbout the Mediterranean: France
BikeAbout-the Mediterranean was a nine-month, 11,000-kilometer circumnavigation of the Mediterranean Sea... by bicycle. The BikeAbout team visited France from October 15, 1997 to October 16, 1997 and from June 1, 1998 to June 10, 1998. To read about what happened, see any of the following trip dispatches:
- October 12-16, 1997, Malaga, Spain, to Marseille, France
- Topics: rail travel, tourism
- May 31 - June 1, 1998, Valbonne, France
- Topics: tapenade (food), Monaco, Grimaldi family, French Riviera, more rain, Menton, Côte d'Azur, Monaco, Cannes
- June 2-3, 1998, Marseille, France
- Topics: French cheese (food), Collège Internationale de Valbonne, Sophia-Antipolis, stereotypes, Massif de l'Esterei, Cogolin, Toulon, team cycling etiquette
- June 4, 1998, Marseille, France
- Topics: bouillabaisse (food), exchange networks, Association DIA (Dialogues and Initiatives), Maison Orangina, Corsica, Marseille, French colonial and political influence around the world
- June 5, 1998, Marseille, France
- Topics: cassoulet (food), langue d'oc versus langue d'oïl, Association DIA, Marseille, history
- June 6-7, 1998, Aigues-Mortes, France
- Topics: pierrade (food), wildlife, environment, Crusades, Arles, Roman Empire, Rhône
- June 8-9, 1998, Béziers, France
- Topics: oysters (food), Football/Soccer (HISTORY), the World Cup, Montpellier
In addition to reading these dispatches, we encourage you to visit these resources:
- BikeAbout France Scrapbook
- Photos and sounds gathered by the BikeAbout team; maps of French coast.
- About France
- Basic facts about France's government, economy, and people; links to other sources of information on the 'Net. Compiled by BikeAbout.
Internet access and Web hosting while in France were provided by I-Link.
Copyright 1998-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.