BikeAbout the Mediterranean: Albania
BikeAbout-the Mediterranean was a nine-month, 11,000-kilometer circumnavigation of the Mediterranean Sea... by bicycle. The BikeAbout team visited Albania from March 31, 1998 to April 4, 1998. To read about what happened, see any of the following trip dispatches:
- March 31, 1998, Tirana, Albania
- Topics: bus ride through Albania, border crossing, "pillbox" bunkers, first impressions of Albania, History (modern)
- April 1, 1998, Tirana, Albania
- Topics: sanduic (food), HISTORY, Illyria, Danube, Emperor Diocletian, Ottoman Empire, World War I, Skanderbeg, AEDP, school life
- April 2, 1998, Tirana, Albania
- Topics: yogurt (food), Durrës, Via Appia, Albanian Cycling Union, visas, politics in Albania, emigration, Albanian economy, bicycling
- April 3, 1998, Tirana, Albania
- Topics: tavë dhen (food), National Museum, National Gallery, "Linda" women's cultural center
- April 4, 1998, Tirana, Albania
- Topics: burek (food), Albanian greetings, Albanian Education Development Project, Open Internet Center, travel arrangements, biking with the Albanian Cycling Union, Petrela Castle/Fortress, saying goodbye
In addition to reading these dispatches, we encourage you to visit these resources:
- BikeAbout Albania Scrapbook
- Photos and sounds gathered by the BikeAbout team; maps of Albanian coast.
- About Albania
- Basic facts about Albania's government, economy, and people; links to other sources of information on the 'Net. Compiled by BikeAbout.
Copyright 1998-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.