topics: yogurt (food), Durrës, Via Appia, Albanian Cycling Union, visas, politics in Albania, emigration, Albanian economy, bicycling; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
April 2, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:26 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 7:05 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
25 mi / 41 km
3455 mi / 5563 km
|Lat: 41° 18' 57" N|
Lon: 19° 49' 14" E
Elev: 344 ft / 105 m
- Where We Are: Tirana
- Where We're Staying: two different host families - Ethan and Corinne are at the Berisha home, while Anthony and Padraic are staying at the Tjegulla family residence
- Places We Visited: Qemal Stafa and Ismail Qemali Secondary Schools, Durrës
- Featured Site: Durrës
- Person of the Day: our wonderful host families
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: homemade yogurt
- Breakfast: none
- Lunch: watercress soup, stewed beef, french fries, bread and kiwi
- Dinner: salad, chicken, french fries, pickled peppers and fruit
- Olive count: 1972
- Word of the Day: "Shqipëri" is how you say "Albania" in Albanian. Actually, "Shqipëri" means "land of the eagles" ("shqipörija" is how you say "eagle").
- Tech Fact of the Day: the visa problem
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 22
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 28
Next Stop: We will be staying in Tirana for the next few nights.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.