topics: Green Line, cornflakes (food), Givat Haviva, equality and understanding; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
January 19, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:41 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 5:00 p.m.
|Traveled Since Yesterday|
40 mi / 65 km
1705 mi / 2746 km
|Lat: 32° 27' 28" N|
Lon: 35° 01' 21" E
Elev: 656 ft / 200 m
- Where We Are: Givat Haviva (near Hadera )
- Where We're Staying: Guestrooms in Building 1 at Givat Haviva
- Places We Visited: Givat Haviva
- Featured Site: Givat Haviva, an institute for furthering equality and understanding between Jews and Arabs in Israel
- Person of the Day: Sara Boroden, the Givat Haviva intern
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: Arabic and Hebrew cornflakes
- Breakfast: oranges, cornflakes, host-home foods
- Lunch: chocolate, junk food on the road
- Dinner: vegetables and sour cream/cottage cheese, bread, a cooked egg-and-tomato concoction whose name no one can remember, and yellow cake with chocolate frosting (yay!)
- Olive Count: 1426
- Word of the Day: Chutzpah means "nerve" in Hebrew.
- Tech Fact of the Day: The Green Line between the West Bank and Israel
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 8
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 22
Next Stop: Haifa!
Internet access and Web hosting while in Israel were provided by Aquanet.
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.