topics: bagel (food), military history, military service, bicycle advocacy, Diaspora; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
January 18, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:41 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 5:00 p.m.
|Traveled Since Yesterday|
0 mi / 0 km
1665 mi / 2681 km
|Lat: 32° 03' 44" N|
Lon: 34° 47' 54" E
Elev: 135 ft / 41 m
- Where We Are: Tel Aviv
- Where We're Staying: once again, the truncated team of four is staying with friends in two different locations
- Places We Visited: Jerusalem Beach, Rabin Square, ORT School headquarters, Beth Hatefutsoth (Museum of the Jewish Diaspora), "Haganah" Museum, Masa Acher (the Israeli Geographical Magazine), Tel Aviv Bikers Association headquarters
- Featured Site: Beth Hatefutsoth (Museum of the Jewish Diaspora)
- Person of the Day: Tel Aviv Bikers Association's Segit, Micky, Marcos, Charles, and others
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: bagels
- Breakfast: oops, forgot to eat breakfast today!
- Lunch: yikes, forgot to eat lunch today too!
- Dinner: in a Yemenite restaurant, we had humus, humus with grilled mushrooms, vegetable salad, "roast meat," and pizza
- Olive Count: 1396
- Word of the Day: Ahava means "love" in Hebrew.
- Tech Fact of the Day: There is mandatory army service for everyone in Israel!
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 8
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 22
Next Stop: Givat Haviva!
Internet access and Web hosting while in Israel were provided by Aquanet.
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.