topics: pomelo (food), shabbat, Tel Aviv, Jaffa, HISTORY, Jerusalem for Bikes, Tel Aviv for Bikers, Challenge Ride; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
January 16–17, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:42 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 4:59 p.m.
|Traveled Since Jan. 15|
42 m / 67 km
1665 mi / 2681 km
|Lat: 32° 03' 44" N|
Lon: 34° 47' 54" E
Elev: 135 ft / 41 m
[Webmaster's note: This dispatch covers the days from January 16 to January 17. The almanac data refers to January 17.]
- Where We Are: Jerusalem (1/16) / Tel Aviv (1/17)
- Where We're Staying: the errant knights are again being hosted by kind souls in the Jerusalem and Tel Aviv area (see the People of the Day)
- Places We Visited: Jerusalem for Bikes's Challenge Ride, and an afternoon out with the Tel Aviv Bikers Association
- Featured Site: Tel Aviv
- Person of the Day: Our incredible hosts in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: pomelo
- Breakfast: cereal, vegetables, salad, fruit, juice, and bagels
- Lunch: bread, humus, fuul
- Dinner: a delicious homemade chili
- Olive Count: 1375
- Words of the Day: Trafic directions in Hebrew: smoola (left), yemina (right), aliya (up), yerida (down), and atzor (stop).
- Tech Fact of the Day: Shabbat
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 6
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 22
Next Stop: We are staying in Tel Aviv!
Internet access and Web hosting while in Israel were provided by Aquanet.
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.