topics: education/arts, Arab/Israeli exchange, social change organizations, "Healing the World"; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
January 15, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:40 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 4:57 p.m.
|Traveled Since Yesterday|
0 m / 0 km
1623 mi / 2614 km
|Lat: 31° 47' 56" N|
Lon: 35° 08' 37" E
Elev: 2792 ft / 851 m
- Where We Are: Jerusalem
- Where We're Staying: we are still divided into two groups and staying with Beni and Esther van Vlymen, and Yefim and Nona Manusov
- Places We Visited: Jerusalem High School for the Arts, Bak'ah Community Center, Shatil Empowering Center for Social Change Organizations in Israel
- Featured Site: Shatil Empowering Center for Social Change Organizations in Israel
- Person of the Day: Danny Bar-Giora , Director of the Jerusalem High School of the Arts
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: Yemenite bread
- Breakfast: cereal, milk, orange juice, coffee
- Lunch: breakfast was late, so we just ate oranges at lunch
- Dinner: salad, bread, humus, chocolate yogurt
- Olive Count: 1375
- Word of the Day: Shatil means "seedling" in Hebrew.
- Tech Fact of the Day: Diversity!
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 4
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 22
Next Stop: Tel Aviv!
Internet access and Web hosting while in Israel were provided by Aquanet.
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.