topics: opportunity for cultural exchange; Mediterranean beach; environment, refugee camps, Intifada, Palestinian daily life; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
December 11, 1997
|Sunrise (local): 6:31 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 4:39 p.m.
|Traveled Since Yesterday|
0 m / 0 km
1476 mi / 2377 km
|Lat: 31° 31' 56" N|
Lon: 34° 27' 07" E
Elev: 0 ft / 0 m
- Where We Are: Gaza City
- Where We're Staying: DIA / Diwan el Shabab
- Places We Visited: United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), Beach Refugee Camp (Gaza City), Beach Camp Sports Club
- Featured Site: UNRWA
- Person of the Day: Huda Saldo, the Gazan paintress
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: bananas
- Breakfast: fruit
- Lunch: falafel and humus sandwiches
- Dinner: BBQ deluxe
- Olive Count: 1276
- Word of the Day: "Freedom" is an important word in every language.
- Tech Fact of the Day: The post office works fine when you don't have Internet access!
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 4
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 19
Next Stop: Ashqelon, Israel!
Internet access while in Palestine was provided by PalNet. Internet access while in Gaza was arranged by PalNet's representative in Gaza, Modern Electronic Company (MECo.).|
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.