Note: The opinions expressed in these sites do not necessarily reflect the opinions of BikeAbout. If you have seen a Web site that you think BikeAbout participants would be interested in, please send the URL to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll review the site and consider adding it to our resource library.
- Palestine, Home of History
- A comprehensive, well-written site. Topics include history, current issues, and biography. Available in Arabic.
- Al Bawaba: The Middle East Gateway
- A comprehensive Middle Eastern portal. Provides information on the Middle
Eastern economy and business sectors, along with politics, tourism,
culture, legal issues, health, entertainment and sports. News items,
in-depth reports and analysis on all these topics are undertaken
daily. Includes a keyword search facility. Available in English and Arabic.
- "Your digital gateway to business, culture, & art in Palestine."
- Alternative Tourism Group of Beit Sahour (ATG)
- ATG connects visitors to the Holy Land with local families during their stay and is also in the process of rehabilitating several buildings to make community hotels for visitors.
- Applied Research Institute Jerusalem
- Statistics, publications, and reports on land usage in Palestine.
- Christian Peacemaker Team (CPT)
- CPT is an organization devoted to negotiation, protection of human rights, public witness, and nonviolent action.
- Destination: Israel and the Palestinian Territories
- Historical overview, maps, travel facts, culture, environment, attractions. The "Off the Beaten Track" feature is especially interesting. Brought to you be Lonely Planet.
- The Ramallah Online Travel Guide
- A tourism and travel guide for the area around Ramallah, north of Jerusalem. Includes information about history and daily life in the area.
- Palestinian Links
- [Click on "My Links" button] A collection of Web sites about and for Palestine, collected by our friends at the Alternative Tourism Group of Beit Sahour (ATG).
- Pictures from the Holy Land
- Pictures of Jerusalem's historic sites.
- Rapprochement Centre, Beit Sahour
- Learn about the activities, objectives, and history of the Rapprochement Centre in Beit Sahour. Meet the members of the centre and establish e-mail connections with them.
- UN Information System on the Question of Palestine
- United Nations documents and maps concerning Palestine, from 1922 to the present. Documents are listed by date, title, subject, and source.
Internet access while in Palestine was provided by PalNet.
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.