topics: malfoof (food), Yasir Arafat, HISTORY (Gaza), Alexander the Great, rules of the road, refugee camps, environment, Palestinian daily life; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
December 10, 1997
|Sunrise (local): 6:30 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 4:39 p.m.
|Traveled Since Yesterday|
0 m / 0 km
1476 mi / 2377 km
|Lat: 31° 31' 56" N|
Lon: 34° 27' 07" E
Elev: 0 ft / 0 m
- Where We Are: Gaza City
- Where We're Staying: DIA / Diwan el Shabab
- Places We Visited: Al Ahzad Univeristy in Gaza City and Ithad Shabab Al Istiqlal (the Independent Youth Union) in the Jabalia Refugee Camp
- Featured Site: Gaza City
- Person of the Day: Yasir Arafat
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: malfoof
- Breakfast: various baked goods from a local market
- Lunch: somehow, again, we missed lunch today
- Dinner: another feast of yummy pizza at Pizza Land
- Olive Count: 1246
- Word of the Day: Keit har lak? means "How are you?" in Arabic.
- Tech Fact of the Day: The delicate art of hisssssing.
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 4
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 19
Next Stop: We are staying in Gaza!
Internet access while in Palestine was provided by PalNet. Internet access while in Gaza was arranged by PalNet's representative in Gaza, Modern Electronic Company (MECo.).|
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.