topics: grilled meat (food), the Town Hall and Mayor of Konitsa, earthquakes, school presentations; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
March 27, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:31 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 6:55 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
0 mi / 0 km
3423 mi / 5512 km
|Lat: 40° 02' 38" N|
Lon: 20° 44' 46" E
Elev: 1903 ft / 580 m
- Where We Are: Konitsa ()
- Where We're Staying: Konstantinos (Kostas) Housos Guest House ()
- Places We Visited: Primary School #1 of Konitsa, Konitsa High School, Konitsa Town Hall, Konitsa Town Hall Auditorium
- Featured Site: Konitsa Town Hall
- Person of the Day: Mr. Prodromos Hatziefraimidis, Mayor of Konitsa
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: grilled meats
- Breakfast: Greek coffee, tea, and assorted pastries (tiropitakia, spanikopitakia)
- Lunch: Greek salad, beef head soup, bean soup, breaded fish, french fries
- Dinner: Greek salad, tzatziki, salanaki, melitzanosalata (eggplant dip), and lots of assorted grilled meats (liver, lamb, beef, and pork)
- Olive count: 1920
- Word of the Day: "Eliftheria" () means "freedom" in Greek. Learning this word was very much in keeping with the Independence Day celebration we enjoyed back in Ioannina. "Eliftheria" is also the name of the newspaper in Larissa that published an article about BikeAbout in Greece!
- Tech Fact of the Day: earthquakes in Konitsa
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 22
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 28
Next Stop: We are still staying in Konitsa.
Internet access while in Greece has been provided by FORTHNet.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.