topics: Ioannina High School, wax museum, George Tselikas (Person of the Day), dangerously strong winds, Konitsa at night; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
March 26, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:33 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 6:54 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
|Lat: 40° 02' 38" N|
Lon: 20° 44' 46" E
Elev: 1903 ft / 580 m
- Where We Are: Konitsa ()
- Where We're Staying: Konstantinos (Kostas) Housos Guest House ()
- Places We Visited: Ioannina Secondary School, Wax Museum
- Featured Site: Pavlos Vrellis Museum of Greek History (wax figures)
- Person of the Day: George Tselikas
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: wild boar
- Breakfast: buffet at the Hotel Xenia - a little bit of everything (cereal and milk, yogurt, fruit, fried eggs, rolls, cheese, cold cuts, juice, tea/coffee)
- Lunch: skipped lunch today - too busy talking with students!
- Dinner: feasted with the Mayor of Konitsa: Greek salads, cheeses, assorted meat dishes, french fries, and wine
- Olive count: 1913
- Word of the Day: In Greek, "Felos" means "friend," and "felia" means friendship! This is from where we get the English word "affiliation" from (among others), and might also correspond to the old term, "Hey, fella!" Cool, huh?
- Tech Fact of the Day: STRONG WINDS (even in Greek ) are dangerous for cyclists... and other people
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 22
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 28
Next Stop: We are in Konitsa for the whole weekend!
Internet access while in Greece has been provided by FORTHNet.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.