topics: frappé (food of the day), Pericles, Sparta, Athens, History, olives, media; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
March 10, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:52 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 6:31 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
0 mi / 0 km
3141 mi / 5058 km
|Lat: 39° 37' 52" N|
Lon: 22° 25' 13" E
Elev: 79 ft / 24 m
- Where We Are: Athens ()
- Where We're Staying: Ethan and Padraic are staying with a new friend while Anthony and Corinne rough it out at the Student and Traveler's' Inn
- Places We Visited: Larisa train station, Forthnet, Pl@net Café, and the studios of Astra TV
- Featured Site: Athens
- Person of the Day: Pericles
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: frappé
- Breakfast: spinach pastries (spanakopita)
- Lunch: more spinach and ham and cheese pastries
- Dinner: stuffed peppers, eggplant baked with goat cheese and ham, baked potato with tuna, and salad
- Olive count: 1858
- Word of the Day: "Kalo taksidi" is how you say "Have a nice trip" in Greek. In Larisa, as we boarded the train to Athens, we heard many people wish each other "kalo taksidi."
- Tech Fact of the Day: The olive tree was greatly revered in ancient Greece
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 21
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 27
Next Stop: We will stay in Athens for the next few days.
Internet access while in Greece has been provided by FORTHNet.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.