topics: media, antiquities, King Philip II of Macedon, history, alphabet, Thessaloniki; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
March 6, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:57 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 6:24 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
3 mi / 5 km
3071 mi / 4946 km
|Lat: 40° 40' 14" N|
Lon: 22° 49' 41" E
Elev: 56 ft / 17 m
- Where We Are: Thessaloniki ()
- Where We're Staying: Hotel Acropol ()
- Places We Visited: the back of a bus, the Turkish/Greek border, White Tower the churches of Thessaloniki, Archaeological Museum, the studios of "Jammin"
- Featured Site: Archaeological Museum
- Person of the Day: the hosts of "Jammin"
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: Greek salad
- Breakfast: spinach pastries (spanakopita) and cheese pastries (tyropita), coffee/tea
- Lunch: not today
- Dinner: chicken soup, Greek salad, eggplant salad, lasagna, stewed pork with peas and rice (all of it dripping with grease and oil)
- Olive count: 1829
- Word of the Day: "Kalimera" () means "Good morning" in Greek.
- Tech Fact of the Day: the Greek alphabet
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 21
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 26
Next Stop: Mt. Olympus
Internet access while in Greece has been provided by FORTHNet.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.