topics: tortilla con queso (food), Algeria, Melilla, border crossing; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
October 11, 1997
|Sunrise (local): 6:15 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 5:42 p.m.
|Traveled Since Yesterday|
72 mi / 116 km
499 mi / 803 km
|Lat: 35° 17' 40" N|
Lon: 02° 56' 30" W
Elev: 0 ft / 0 m
- Where We Are: Melilla
- Where We're Staying: cabin in the ferry to Malaga
- Places We Visited: Bicycle-only day — no visits
- Featured Site: "Valley of Death" between Cabo Aqua and Cariat Arkmane
- Person of the Day: Small boy in Cabo Aqua who gave us water
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: tortilla con queso (egg-and-cheese sandwiches)
- Breakfast: pastries, bread, and water
- Lunch: bread, cookies, and more water
- Dinner: tortilla con queso and six different kinds of pizza
- Olive Count: 396
- Word of the Day: Hola means "Hello" in Spanish.
- Tech Fact of the Day: A common mistake beginning cyclists make is not to drink enough water while biking. Because the wind dries most of your sweat before you have a chance to notice it, you don't realize how much liquid you are actually losing. Although it doesn't feel as if you are perspiring very much while biking, you are actually sweating out a lot of liquids. Always bring water bottles and drink often, even if you are not thirsty.
- Flat Count: 2
- Broken Spoke Count: 4 (note, Anthony's back wheel has accounted for all of these)
Next Stop: Marseille!
Internet access and Web hosting while in Morocco were provided by AzureNet.
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.