topics: cappelacci di zucca (food), FIAB, Cities for Cyclists, history, Este family, bike advocacy, bikes and boats; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
May 5, 1998
|Sunrise (local): N.A.|
Sunset (local): N.A.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
73 mi / 117 km
4443 mi / 7155 km
- Where We Are: Ferrara
- Where We're Staying: host homes
- Places We Visited: the islands of the Laguna Veneta, Chioggia, Ferrara
- Featured Site: Ferrara
- Person of the Day: Gianni Stefanati
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: cappelacci di zucca
- Breakfast: no breakfast!
- Lunch: meat-and-cheese sandwiches, juice, yucky artificially flavored cake things
- Dinner: pasta in a tomato sauce, steamed Brussels sprouts, grilled yellow and red bell peppers, organic wine, pastries
- Olive count: 2094
- Word of the Day: "Bicicletta" means, you guessed it, "bicycle" in Italian. Most Italians say only "bici" instead, kind of like the way we usually say "bike."
- Tech Fact of the Day: the European Cyclists' Federation's "Cities for Cyclists" initiative
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 24
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 29
Next Stop: Ravenna
||Internet access in Italy was provided by ITNet. Internet access in the Trieste region of Italy and hosting have been provided by Spin.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.