topics: Parco del Delta, environment, Basilica di San Vitale, Emperor Flavius Honorius, Ravenna, Ostrogoths, history, Dante; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
May 7, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 5:55 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 8:19 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
115 mi / 185 km
4558 mi / 7340 km
|Lat: 44° 04' 16" N|
Lon: 12° 34' 25" E
Elev: 33 ft / 10 m
- Where We Are: Rimini
- Where We're Staying: Hotel Teatro
- Places We Visited: Parco del Delta (Natural Park of the Po River Delta), Pineto di Classe, Basilica di San Vitale, Mausoleo di Galla Placidia
- Featured Site: Basilica di San Vitale, and Mausoleo di Galla Placidia, Ravenna
- Person of the Day: our host families in Ferrara
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: the "arrabbiata" sauce for pasta
- Breakfast: rolls, jam, coffee
- Lunch: sandwiches
- Dinner: pizza and pasta
- Olive count: 2094
- Word of the Day: "Salve"means "hello," or "greetings," in Italian.
- Tech Fact of the Day: the Parco del Delta
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 25
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 29
Next Stop: Ancona
||Internet access in Italy was provided by ITNet. Internet access in the Trieste region of Italy and hosting have been provided by Spin.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.