topics: tiramisu (food), Venezia, Piazza and Basilica San Marco (St. Mark Square and Basilica), the Venezia boat system (vaporetti), Marco Polo; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
May 4, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 5:58 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 8:18 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
66 mi / 107 km
4367 mi / 7032 km
|Lat: 45° 26' 33" N|
Lon: 12° 20' 00" E
Elev: 0 ft / 0 m
- Where We Are: Venezia, otherwise known as Venice
- Where We're Staying: Harry's Loggeria
- Places We Visited: the city of Concordia, the Lido of Venezia, Venezia (Rialto Bridge, St Mark's Square and Basilica, Campanile)
- Featured Site: St. Mark's Everything
- Person of the Day: Giorgio and his family
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: tiramisu
- Breakfast: toast, jams, honey, chocolate spread, coffee, juice
- Lunch: gelato, sandwiches, breadsticks, fruit
- Dinner: pizza, salad
- Olive count: 2094
- Word of the Day: "Andiamo" means "Let's go!" in Italian.
- Tech Fact of the Day: The city of Venezia is 115 tiny islands, plus big outer ones, too! Boats, used as busses and taxis, carry all goods, groceries, beer, people, etc.
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 23
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 29
Next Stop: Ferrara - Bike Capital of Italy!
||Internet access in Italy was provided by ITNet. Internet access in the Trieste region of Italy and hosting have been provided by Spin.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.