topics: pida (food), Sarajevo, Balkan war, living with war, HISTORY, acronyms; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
April 15, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:06 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 7:29 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
0 mi / 0 km
3639 mi / 5860 km
|Lat: 43° 51' 31" N|
Lon: 18° 22' 59" E
Elev: 1903 ft / 580 m
- Where We Are: Sarajevo
- Where We're Staying: an apartment belonging to the DIA (Euroclub) staff in Bosnia
- Places We Visited: downtown Sarajevo, Sarajevo suburbs above downtown, Euroclub
- Featured Site: Sarajevo
- Person of the Day: war refugees
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: pida
- Breakfast: pan-fried potatoes with garlic
- Lunch: meat and spinach pida with a yogurt topping
- Dinner: really bad fast food
- Olive count: 2040
- Word of the Day: "Mir" means "peace" in Bosnian (as well as in Croatian, Slovenian and Serbian).
- Tech Fact of the Day: acronyms
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 23
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 28
Next Stop: We are staying in Sarajevo for one more day.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.