topics: Adriatic Coast, DIA Sarajevo Euroclub, HISTORY; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
April 14, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:08 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 7:27 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
76 mi / 123 km
3639 mi / 5860 km
|Lat: 43° 51' 31" N|
Lon: 18° 22' 59" E
Elev: 1903 ft / 580 m
- Where We Are: Sarajevo
- Where We're Staying: an apartment belonging to the DIA (Euroclub) staff in Bosnia
- Places We Visited: Adriatic Coast, the city of Metkovic(h), the Bosnian border - twice [once in Neum, once in Metkovic(h)], Sarajevo, the (DIA) Sarajevo Euroclub
- Featured Site: DIA Sarajevo Euroclub
- Person of the Day: Renato Zrnic(j)
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: Anthony's rice specialty
- Breakfast: a huge meal at the hotel including omelettes, bread, jam, honey, coffee, cheeses
- Lunch: no lunch
- Dinner: soup, rice, veggies, bread
- Olive count: 2040
- Word of the Day: "Molim" means "please" and "hvala" means "thank you" in Bosnian. These are perhaps the two most important words in any language. In Bosnian (as well as Croatian and Serbian), they are essentially the same. Lucky us that we'll use these words for two weeks in two different countries!
- Tech Fact of the Day: Neum as the Bosnian "coast"
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 23
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 28
Next Stop: We're in Sarajevo for one more day!
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.