BikeAbout the Mediterranean: Syria
BikeAbout-the Mediterranean was a nine-month, 11,000-kilometer circumnavigation of the Mediterranean Sea... by bicycle. A member of the BikeAbout team (Anthony) visited Syria from January 27, 1998 to January 28, 1998 and from February 8, 1998 to February 10, 1998. To read about what happened, see any of the following trip dispatches:
- January 27-28, 1998, Bosra, Syria
- Topics: border crossing, Arthur James Balfour, Crusades, citadel, amphitheatre
- January 29-31, 1998, Damascus, Syria
- Topics: Ramadan, Omayyids, Islam, souqs, daily life, alphabets, Turkish bath
- February 7, 1998, Tartous, Syria
- Topics: border crossing, nutrition, Hafez al-Assad, Middle East wars, history
- February 8-10, 1998, Al-ladhiqiya, Syria
- Topics: bartoush (food), Norias of Hama, Crac des Chevaliers, health, Muslim Brotherhood, Phoenicians, agriculture, daily life
In addition to reading these dispatches, we encourage you to visit these resources:
- BikeAbout Syria Scrapbook
- Photos and sounds gathered by the BikeAbout team; maps of Syrian coast.
- About Syria
- Basic facts about Syria's government, economy, and people; links to other sources of information on the 'Net. Compiled by BikeAbout.
Copyright 1998-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.