topics: souvlaki (food), Olympic Games, Wonders of the Ancient World, the Greek gods; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
March 20, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:39 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 6:44 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
37 mi / 59 km
3347 mi / 5390 km
|Lat: 37° 38' 16" N|
Lon: 21° 37' 48" E
Elev: 59 ft / 18 m
- Where We Are: Olympia ()
- Where We're Staying: Hotel Poseidon ()
- Places We Visited: Archaeological site of Ancient Olympia
- Featured Site: Archaeological site of Ancient Olympia
- Person of the Day: Zeus
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: souvlaki
- Breakfast: bread, jam, honey, tea/coffee
- Lunch: Greek salad, souvlaki, french fries
- Dinner: Greek salad, pizza, spaghetti
- Olive count: 1894
- Word of the Day: "Te orea mera" means "What a wonderful day!" in Greek. Somehow, despite the biting chill, the cold, cold rain, and our inability to escape to someplace warm and dry, we kept calling this out to one another. After all, spring is just around the corner. Or at least it better be!
- Tech Fact of the Day: the Olympic Games of today versus the Olympic games of the past
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 22
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 27
Next Stop: Patra ()
Internet access while in Greece has been provided by FORTHNet.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.