topics: tiropitakia (food), museum for the blind, village life, Internet, antiquities, National Archaeological Museum, Homer, Ptolemy, minotaur, Mycenaean and Minoan civilizations, Corinth; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
March 15, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:38 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 6:31 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
0 mi / 0 km
3141 mi / 5058 km
|Lat: 39° 37' 52" N|
Lon: 22° 25' 13" E
Elev: 79 ft / 24 m
- Where We Are: Athens ()
- Where We're Staying: our host homes - Ethan and Padraic are at Katerina's, and Corinne and Anthony are at Haris' and Michalis'
- Places We Visited: National Archaeological Museum, Moni Kaissarianis, Mount Hymettos, taverna, Haris's apartment, Corinth
- Featured Site: National Archaeological Museum
- Person of the Day: Uncle Manos (Emmanuel Tselikas)
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: Tiropitakia
- Breakfast: pastries, coffee
- Lunch: french fries, sausage, stuffed grape leaves, salami, tzatziki, Russian salad, tomatoes, cucumbers, sausage pastries
- Dinner: Greek salad, fried cheese, egg plant salad, roast chicken
- Olive count: 1868
- Word of the Day: "Podilato" () means "bicycle" in Greek.
- Tech Fact of the Day: Athens' traffic problems
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 21
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 27
Next Stop: Corinth () and then Nafplio ()
Internet access while in Greece has been provided by FORTHNet.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.