topics: makroud (food), bike tech, Great Mosque in Kairouan, history, architecture, Byzantines, caravans; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
October 28–29, 1997
|Sunrise (local): 6:35 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 5:27 p.m.
|Traveled Since Oct. 27|
43 mi / 70 km
809 mi / 1303 km
|Lat: 35° 40' 01" N|
Lon: 10° 06' 29" E
Elev: 377 ft / 115 m
[Webmaster's note: This dispatch covers the travel days from October 28 to October 29. The almanac data refers to October 29.]
- Where We Are: Kairouan
- Where We're Staying: Maison des Jeunes
- Places We Visited: Great Mosque, Bir Barouta
- Featured Site: Great Mosque of Kairouan
- Person of the Day: Mr. Bouhida Mantassar
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: makroud
- Breakfast: pastries
- Lunch: chicken with rice, couscous with vegetables
- Dinner: sandwiches
- Olive Count: 876
- Word of the Day:Cebaha el care means "good morning" in Arabic.
- Tech Fact of the Day: The importance of spinning 90.
- Flat Count: 2
- Broken Spoke Count: 9
Next Stop: El Jem!
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.