topics: brik (food), environment, Bizerte, wildlife, Utique (Utica), mosaics, Punic tombs; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
October 19–20, 1997
|Sunrise (local): 6:30 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 5:38 p.m.
|Traveled Since Oct. 18|
42 mi / 68 km
547 mi / 881 km
|Lat: 36° 50' 05" N|
Lon: 10° 13' 03" E
Elev: 0 ft / 0 m
[Webmaster's note: This dispatch covers the travel days from October 19 to October 20. The almanac data refers to October 20.]
- Where We Are: Bizerte (10/19) / Tunis (10/20)
- Where We're Staying: Hotel d'Orient (10/19) / Mongi's house (10/20)
- Places We Visited: Bizerte, Ichkeul National Park, Utique , Fédération Sport pour Tous (Sports for All Federation), Association Tunisienne de Communication Extérieure (Tunisian Association for Communication with the Exterior)
- Featured Site: Ichkeul National Park
- Person of the Day: Blanche Gelber
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: brik thon
- Breakfast: pastries
- Lunch: spaghetti, chicken, veal, and Tunisian salad
- Dinner: salad, brik thon, couscous, and fresh fruits for dessert
- Olive Count: 503
- Word of the Day: Thon means "tuna" in French.
- Tech Fact of the Day: All the BikeAbouters have "clip-in" pedals on their bikes.
- Flat Count: 2
- Broken Spoke Count: 7
Next Stop: We are staying in Tunis (until Friday).
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.