topics: Christopher Columbus, French and Italian Riviera, Alfred Nobel and the Nobel Prizes; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
May 30, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 5:52 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 9:01 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
99 mi / 159 km
5361 mi / 8633 km
|Lat: 47° 49' 09" N|
Lon: 7° 46' 22" E
Elev: 33 ft / 10 m
- Where We Are: San Remo
- Where We're Staying: Hotel Saracena
- Places We Visited: Riviera dei Fiori, Finale Ligure, San Remo
- Featured Site: Riviera dei Fiori
- Person of the Day: Christopher Columbus
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: western Ligurian specialties
- Breakfast: jam 'n' toast, coffee/tea/hot chocolate
- Lunch: cheese-and-sausage sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, fruit drinks
- Dinner: zucchini squares, süpa dé sévüle (onion soup), ménéstrün áü péstü (minestrone soup with pesto), stücafissu (fish stew)
- Olive count: 2227
- Word of the Day: "Figho" means "cool" in Italian slang.
- Tech Fact of the Day: Alfred Nobel's Italian hideaway
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 35
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 32
Next Stop: Valbonne, France!
||Internet access in Italy was provided by ITNet. Internet access in the Trieste region of Italy and hosting have been provided by Spin.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.