topics: pasta (food), Roma, hills of Roma, HISTORY, Order of the Knights of Malta; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
May 19, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 5:48 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 8:28 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
0 mi / 0 km
5000 mi / 8052 km
|Lat: 41° 54' 09" N|
Lon: 12° 27' 26" E
Elev: 322 ft / 98 m
- Where We Are: Roma (Rome)
- Where We're Staying: the magical apartment of our Roman hosts, Giovanni and Paola
- Places We Visited: Roma (Piazza del Campidoglio, Carcere Mamertino, Fori Imperiali, Circo Massimo, Colosseo, Piazza Venezia, Fontana di Trevi, Piazza della Rotonda/Pantheon, Piazza Navona), IT.net offices, Priorato dello Sovrano Militare Ordine Ospedaliero di San Giovanni di Gerusalemme di Rodi e di Malta
- Featured Site: Piazza del Campidoglio at the top of the Capitoline Hill (Campidoglio)
- Person of the Day: our Roman hosts, Giovanni Congiu and Paola Bono
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: pasta in general
- Breakfast: cereal and milk, fruit, bread with jam or honey, coffee/tea
- Lunch: homemade turkey-and-cheese sandwiches, juice
- Dinner: spaghetti with fried onions and vegetables, mixed salad, gorgonzola slices with honey smeared on top, sliced strawberries
- Olive count: 2144
- Word of the Day: "Spaghetti" is word we hear often and a food we eat almost as much.
- Tech Fact of the Day: the seven hills of Roma
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 31
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 32
Next Stop: We aren't leaving Roma yet...
||Internet access in Italy was provided by ITNet. Internet access in the Trieste region of Italy and hosting have been provided by Spin.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.