topics: focaccia (food), bikes on trains in Italy, rain, Appian Way, the road to Roma; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
May 17, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 5:51 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 8:23 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
123 mi / 198 km
5000 mi / 8052 km
|Lat: 41° 54' 09" N|
Lon: 12° 27' 26" E
Elev: 322 ft / 98 m
- Where We Are: Roma, also known as Rome
- Where We're Staying: the museum/workshop/home of our host in Roma
- Places We Visited: Palazzo Martsano of Carinola, Terracina, the Via Appia (Appian Way), Roma in the rain
- Featured Site: Via Appia (Appian Way)
- Person of the Day: Andrea Di Napoli
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: focaccia
- Breakfast: corn flakes, milk, coffee
- Lunch: mozzarella sandwiches, wine
- Dinner: pasta, focaccia pizza, salad, focaccia
- Olive count: 2144
- Word of the Day: "Alle-alle" is a special bicyclists' greeting.
- Tech Fact of the Day: putting bikes on trains in Italy
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 30 - 5 more flats in just two days!
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 32
Next Stop: We are in Roma for four glorious nights!
||Internet access in Italy was provided by ITNet. Internet access in the Trieste region of Italy and hosting have been provided by Spin.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.