topics: Alexander the Great, history, Greek and Egyptian antiquities, black market, Pharos, Fort Qait Bey; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
November 29–30, 1997
|Sunrise (local): 6:40 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 4:58 p.m.
|Traveled Since Nov. 28|
0 mi / 0 km
1217 mi / 1960 km
|Lat: 31° 12' 04" N|
Lon: 29° 53' 53" E
Elev: 0 ft / 0 m
[Webmaster's note: This dispatch covers the days from November 29 to November 30. The almanac data refers to November 30.]
- Where We Are: Alexandria
- Where We're Staying: Hotel Union
- Places We Visited: Greco-Roman Museum, Roman Amphitheater, Pompey's Pillar, Fort Qait Bey
- Featured Site: Greco-Roman Museum
- Person of the Day: Alexander the Great
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: street potatoes
- Breakfast: Egyptian pastries, real Brazilian coffee
- Lunch: random street-side nibbles
- Dinner: salad, soup, pasta, chicken, rice and vegetables
- Olive Count: 1172
- Word of the Day: Iowa means "yeah" or "OK" Arabic.
- Tech Fact of the Day: Black market and "Duty-Free" shops
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 3
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 17
Next Stop: Zagazig!
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.