topics: baba ganouj (food), Living Cemetery, Fortress of Babylon, Nile River, religious sites, architecture; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
November 23, 1997
|Sunrise (local): 6:22 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 4:59 p.m.
|Traveled Since Yesterday|
0 m / 0 km
1163 mi / 1873 km
|Lat: 30° 02' 29" N|
Lon: 31° 13' 19" E
Elev: 220 ft / 67 m
- Where We Are: Cairo
- Where We're Staying: Bodmin Guest House
- Places We Visited: Old (or Coptic) Cairo
- Featured Site: "Living cemetery" in Old Cairo
- Person of the Day: Shady Samir
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: baba ganouj
- Breakfast: Bodmin House special
- Lunch: falafel sandwiches
- Dinner: Gals — veggie pizza; Guys — kushari
- Olive Count: 1156
- Word of the Day: Lazeez means "delicious" in Arabic.
- Tech Fact of the Day: Egyptian Arabic
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 3
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 17
Next Stop: Heliopolis!
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.