topics: bargaining, numbers, antiquities, Egyptian Museum, King Tut, terrorism, rules of the road; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
November 18–19, 1997
|Sunrise (local): 6:28 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 4:58 p.m.
|Traveled Since Nov. 17|
0 mi / 0 km
1163 mi / 1873 km
|Lat: 30° 02' 29" N|
Lon: 31° 13' 19" E
Elev: 220 ft / 67 m
[Webmaster's note: This dispatch covers the days from November 18 to November 19. The almanac data refers to November 19.]
- Where We Are: Cairo
- Where We're Staying: Bodmin Guest House
- Places We Visited: Egyptian Museum, Central Cairo
- Featured Site: Egyptian Museum
- People of the Day: In memory of the unfortunate victims of the attack at Luxor
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: Hotel Fawaka
- Breakfast: bread and jam, tea
- Lunch: egads, we forgot to eat a real lunch on both days!
- Dinner: assorted foods from small restaurants (chicken, kushari, macaroni)
- Olive Count: 1122
- Word of the Day: Bikam? means "How much?" in Egyptian.
- Tech Fact of the Day: Egyptians use a different set of numbers.
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 3
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 17
Next Stop: El Gîza!
Copyright 1997-2004 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.