topics: pane Toscano (food), Unione Italiana Sport per Tutti, Campo dei Miracoli (Leaning Tower of Pisa); jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
May 25, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 5:49 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 8:47 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
13 mi / 21 km
5139 mi / 8275 km
|Lat: 43° 20' 18" N|
Lon: 9° 45' 33" E
Elev: 75 ft / 23 m
- Where We Are: Pisa
- Where We're Staying: with our excellent hosts, Francesco and Nicola
- Places We Visited: Leaning Tower, Cathedral, Cemetery, Unione Italiana Sport per Tutti (UISP)
- Featured Site: Campo dei Miracoli
- Person of the Day: our Pisan friends at the Unione Italiana Sport per Tutti (UISP)
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: pane Toscano, or Tuscan bread
- Breakfast: nothing
- Lunch: pasta, salad, yogurt
- Dinner: pizza, pasta, and cecína (an omelette-like dish made of chickpea flour and egg)
- Olive count: 2149
- Word of the Day: "Tei bellu" means "You (a woman) are so pretty" in the Apulian dialect.
- Tech Fact of the Day: how to straighten a leaning tower
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 32
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 32
Next Stop: Cinque Terre
||Internet access in Italy was provided by ITNet. Internet access in the Trieste region of Italy and hosting have been provided by Spin.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.