topics: delicioso limone (food), Amalfi Coast, compass, Roman gods, Mount Vesuvius; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
May 12, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 5:50 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 8:08 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
62 mi / 100 km
4819 mi / 7761 km
|Lat: 40° 37' 33" N|
Lon: 14° 22' 47" E
Elev: 348 ft / 106 m
- Where We Are: Sorrento
- Where We're Staying: Ostello la Caffetteria
- Places We Visited: central Italy by train, Napoli train station, the Gulf of Napoli coast, Mount Vesuvius, Amalfi Coast (Amalfi, Positano), Sorrento
- Featured Site: Amalfi Coast (Costiera Amalfitana) and the city of Amalfi
- Person of the Day: the Roman gods
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: delicioso limone
- Breakfast: coffee/tea, juice, bread and jam
- Lunch: meat-and-cheese sandwiches, ice tea, fruit, cookies
- Dinner: pasta, pizza, and grilled meat
- Olive count: 2144
- Word of the Day: "Mediterraneo" is how you say "Mediterranean" in Italian.
- Tech Fact of the Day: the invention of the compass
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 25
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 32
Next Stop: Napoli via Pompeii
||Internet access in Italy was provided by ITNet. Internet access in the Trieste region of Italy and hosting have been provided by Spin.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.