topics: History, Trieste, FIAB (Federazione Italiana Amici della Bicicletta), chat 'n' debate, Miramare Castle, Austrian Empire, Carducci School, Lanza family, Italian unification; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
May 1, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 5:55 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 8:10 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
25 mi / 40 km
4248 mi / 6840 km
|Lat: 45° 37' 37" N|
Lon: 13° 48' 19" E
Elev: 230 ft / 70 m
- Where We Are: Trieste
- Where We're Staying: an apartment at a rectory
- Places We Visited: Instituto Magistrale G. Carducci, the city of Trieste and environs (Miramare Castle, Colle di San Giusto)
- Featured Site: Miramare Castle
- Person of the Day: students (and teacher) at the Instituto Magistrale G. Carducci (the Carducci School)
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: calzone
- Breakfast: cornflakes, dry bread, rolls
- Lunch: pizza
- Dinner: pizza, spaghetti, and artichoke soup
- Olive count: 2081
- Word of the Day: "Bienvenuti (in Trieste)" means "welcome (to Trieste)" in Italian.
- Tech Fact of the Day: Trieste is a coffee capital
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 23
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 29
Next Stop: San Giorgio di Nogaro
||Internet access in Italy was provided by ITNet. Internet access in the Trieste region of Italy and hosting have been provided by Spin.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.