topics: pasta, Saint Nicholas/Santa Claus/San Nicola, architecture, William the Bad, daily life, Normans, Yugoslavia, borders; jump to dispatch
|At 6:00 PM|
April 7, 1998
|Sunrise (local): 6:28 a.m.|
Sunset (local): 7:22 p.m.
|Traveled Since Last Dispatch|
0 mi / 0 km
3476 mi / 5597 km
|Lat: 41° 07' 07" N|
Lon: 16° 52' 11" E
Elev: 148 ft / 45 m
- Where We Are: Bari
- Where We're Staying: Hotel Fiorini
- Places We Visited: Basilica of Saint Nicolas, Cathedral of Bari, Old Town of Bari (Bari Vecchia)
- Featured Site: Basilica of Saint Nicolas
- Person of the Day: William the Bad
- What We Ate:
- Food of the Day: spaghetti "al dente"
- Breakfast: none
- Lunch: bread, cheese, ham, orange juice and lemon soda
- Dinner: spaghetti, fried sausages, beef steak, chicken and fruit
- Olive count: 2028
- Word of the Day: "Al dente" is how you say "to the tooth" in Italian. While this might not make much sense out of context, to pasta lovers around the world, it means pasta cooked to perfection (see today's Food of the Day).
- Tech Fact of the Day: "possession is nine-tenths of the law"
- Flat Count (Cumulative): 22
- Broken Spoke Count (Cumulative): 28
Next Stop: We are "stuck" in Bari for two more nights
||Internet access in Italy was provided by ITNet. Internet access in the Trieste region of Italy and hosting have been provided by Spin.
Copyright 1997-99 BikeAbout. All rights reserved.